Ocean Finance is a leading financial technology business
offering a wide range of personal finance options to consumers such as our
credit builder credit card, personal loans, a range of mortgages and second
charge products for homeowners.
We are a fast-growing data driven business offering a dynamic
working environment and culture, where innovating on behalf of our customers is
at the heart of everything we do.
We are currently recruiting for a Mortgage Adviser to join our team.
This role is remote however the team do work on site at our Manchester (UK) office at Think Park around one week a month.
Training will also be conducted on site for the first week in the role so the successful candidate would need to live in a commutable distance.
To provide customers with advice on first and second charge mortgages from our panel of lenders. The Adviser is responsible for recommending products that are beneficial and suitable for customers, whilst complying with business standards.
Role and Responsibilities
- Complete fact finds with customers; gather information on their personal and financial circumstances, as well as what they are looking to achieve with the mortgage.
- Assess customer information collated from the fact find call along with information obtained from electronic searches such as; credit bureau and land registry data.
- Once a customer’s situation is fully understood, source a product from the panel of lenders to base a recommendation considering; suitability, affordability and lenders eligibility criteria using the systems provided.
- Present your recommendation in a personalised manner explaining how it meets the needs of the customer. In the event that no suitable product can be sourced, explain to the customer the reasons why.
- Manage customer and business expectations by delivering great customer service whilst achieving projected business levels.
- Keep accurate and up to date customer records throughout to provide a clear audit trail of activities undertaken; fact find, rationale and customer communications.
- Manage and maintain customer appointments via a diarised call back system.
- Assist Case Managers in the processing of a submitted application as and when applicable.
- Complete in a timely manner any Continuing Professional Development (CPD) activities allocated to them by supervisors and keep records of completion within their CPD log.
- Ensure all activities undertaken are compliant with; regulatory obligations, company policies/procedures and training and competency scheme.
- Successful completion of the relevant training program and competency scheme, achieving competent adviser status.
- Good communication and listening skills
- Customer focused
- Punctual, professional and reliable
- Organised with the ability to multi task
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as under own initiative
- Flexible to work with a variety of shifts/hour
- A minimum of 1 years financial service experience
- Fully CeMAP Qualified. (level 3 or equivalent)
- Previous in providing advice in the regulated mortgage industry
- Driven, ambitious and self-motivated
- Ability to work under pressure
What can we offer you?
- Start 25 days holiday (plus Bank Holidays).
- Additional days holiday for birthday.
- Buy, Sell, Transfer Holidays.
- 1 community day.
- Pension contribution 3%, increasing to 4% in July.
- 2 weeks sick pay after 6 months service.
- Eye test vouchers.