Head of SEO
We are a leading financial technology business offering a wide range of personal finance options to consumers such as our credit builder credit card, personal loans as well as a range of mortgage and second charge products to homeowners. We are fast-growing and are proud to be offering a dynamic working environment where innovating on behalf of our customers is at the heart of everything we do. We have offices in Manchester (UK) and Nicosia (Cyprus) plus remote teams working from Florence/Milan (Italy) and Athens (Greece).
This is a new position for a seasoned Head of SEO capable of driving commercial success at scale working with our multi-disciplinary teams to deliver added value to our customers.
The successful candidate will have end-to-end responsibility on optimizing our main website for search engines. You will manage, investigate and report on SEO business performance ensuring Product Managers and key stakeholders will be kept informed advising and/or educating them if needed on SEO-related material.
You will be passionate about SEO and have the curiosity to continuously seek out new opportunities to improve performance using your in-depth understanding on key metrics.
This role requires highly analytical mindset, strong business sense and robust problem-solving skills so that you’d be comfortable thinking outside the box, diving deep into the data and rigorously building and validating hypotheses through both quantitative and qualitative means.
You will have the responsibility for both strategy and execution therefore and must have proven track record of data driven decisions that have continuously contributed towards attaining highly successful SEO.
As a Head of SEO, you will be responsible for:
- Auditing and analysing OceanFinance.com’s SEO performance, identifying issues and opportunities, and experimenting with solutions to enhance performance at scale
- Having in-depth understanding of OceanFinance.com’s SEO channel business performance and communicating it to leadership and other stakeholders in weekly and quarterly and annual business reviews
- Establishing, communicating, frequently reviewing and delivering your team’s OKRs in sync with the business strategic direction
- Managing and delivering a robust search engine optimization strategy for OceanFinance.com, including creating a roadmap of experimental initiatives that can lead to scalable growth, and providing support for major events / initiatives
- Conducting rigorous SEO A/B tests using statistical methods to evaluate their success
- Working closely with product, technology, content and BI teams to make sure infrastructure, architecture, and site features/ content support and enhance the effectiveness of our SEO
- Contributing to business-wide knowledge sharing and engaging with stakeholders to determine optimal SEO improvements
- Leading efforts to solve a variety of SEO problems, moving quickly to implement ideas and deliver results by performing ad-hoc cause and effect analysis to identify root causes, experiment with solutions at scale and/or help escalate them to drive to resolution
Essential Skills and Qualifications
- 5+ years’ experience in the Search Engine Optimization field
- Proven track record taking on full ownership, moving swiftly to implement ideas and deliver results in fast-paced environment
- Ability to drive clear, considerate, and comprehensive analyses of marketing programs
- Demonstrated analytical and quantitative skills and an ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, drive decisions and identify opportunities
- Resourceful problem-solver with ability to excel in a fast-paced environment
- Proven track record in end-to-end managing SEO projects
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with Excel and capable of working with data in order to perform both high level and more granular analysis using VLookups, Pivot tables, and other functionalities
- You have very high standards
· You share our core values – Professionalism, Respect, Humility, Passion, Openness and Trust*
*We take our values seriously. It’s what is keeping our team united and focused on the essence of our vision. Please carefully consider if you feel these are aligned with your own values before going ahead and applying for this role. If you need some help defining your values this might be helpful: https://www.mindtools.com/pages/article/newTED_85.htm
- Educated to a Bachelor degree
- Experience with SQL
- Strong attention to detail