Front End Developer - Vue.js
Ocean Finance is a leading financial technology business offering a wide range of personal finance options to consumers such as our credit builder credit card, personal loans, a range of mortgages, and second charge products for homeowners. We are a fast-growing data-driven business offering a dynamic working environment where innovating on behalf of our customers is at the heart of everything we do.
The key to a successful team is to have an inclusive workplace where all people and ideas are welcome. Transparency is core to our culture. We leverage internal & external tools based to help each other grow. We are looking for individuals who can help foster an inclusive culture and encourage growth mindsets.
This role is suitable for mid-senior frontend developers with Vue.js experience and is 100% remote - if you're based near our Manchester office then Hybrid working is also available.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Working on our Vue.js (v2 + v3) projects
- Support with migration to a Nuxt.js CMS powered static site
- Constantly looking at solutions that can help improving performance and innovate our frontend
- Collaborate with the design team and other stakeholders to produce high quality customer journeys
- Maintain our existing website project with new features and optimisations
- Contribute to the estimation and implementation of user stories/requirements helping to shape their technical design, UX and implementation
- Manage and resolve bug fixes through the testing process
- Be enthusiastic, bringing fresh ideas, suggestions, tools and ways of working to the Engineering Team.
- Perform code review of other developers’ code
- Implement frontend A/B tests
Essential Skills and Competencies:
- 3+ years’ experience in frontend development
- Experience with Vue.js
- Experience working with designers to convert complex designs to beautiful code
- Know about consuming REST Web API’s.
- Experience using source control (Git, GitHub, BitBucket, GitLab)
- Understanding of SEO and speed optimisation best practices
- Experienced with Vue Ecosystem: Vue CLI, Vuex, Nuxt.js, Vue Dev Tools, Vite
- Passionate about A11y
- Experience with Typescript
- Experience with Visual Studio / Visual Studio Code IDEs
- Experience with Azure Dev Ops
- Understanding of WebPack, RollUp
- Experience with Google Tag Manager / Datalayers
What’s in it for you:
We highly value people that can make a difference and to reflect this we offer:
- Start 25 days holiday (plus Bank Holidays)
- Birthday off (carried over if your birthday is at a weekend)
- Buy, Sell, Transfer Holidays
- 1 community day
- Pension contribution
- Fully remote – work anywhere at any time
- Eye test vouchers
- Quarterly awards