Who are we and what are we looking for……….
Unlike many in the finance world, here at CredAbility we think your money should work for, well, you! What started as a free monthly credit report to give our customers a peek behind the scenes of how lenders make their decisions has evolved into a hub where you can do more and more of your money stuff under one roof - ours. We’ve come a long way, and the best is still yet to come.
We’re looking for an ambitious and pragmatic Engineering Manager to lead and grow the Engineering Teams assigned to CredAbility. You’ll be a supportive and passionate coach and your focus will be to help of them with their personal and professional development by guiding them and celebrating their successes. You will help us drive some exciting technical initiatives and help us build our digital capabilities to drive a profitable business.
You’ll be working in an open and transparent working environment where you will have the opportunity to contribute and shape the future.
This role is remote and based in Cyprus, however there will be with occasional days that you would need to be in the office.
Day to day, your job will include…..
- Lead, inspire and motivate engineering teams to be ambitious and successful
- Nurture and grow a great engineering culture, with innovation and delivery at its heart
- Partner the product team to enable their vision through technology
- Coach, support and develop the talent in the engineering team through 1:1’s and continuous feedback
- Embed and continuously improve agile ways of working and a DevOps culture.
- To be totally passionate about developing best in class solutions which drive business value.
- Be enthusiastic, bringing fresh ideas, suggestions, tools and ways of working to the Engineering Team.
- Work within an agile team with iterative deployments, delivering MVP where appropriate to then build and enhance further
- Contribute to the estimation and implementation of user stories/requirements helping to shape their technical design, UX and implementation
- Ability to work through the solutions and develop a design and timescales for delivery
- Manage and resolve bug fixes through the testing process
- Ensure all development adheres to non-functional (e.g. Security, Availability, Capacity ) requirements and standards
- Deal with escalated live issues
- Provide cover during live deployments if necessary
- Be able to provide out of hours support if necessary
Skills-wise, you’ll definitely…..
- Currently managing/overseeing a successful technical team and looking for that next step
- Passionate about developing technical approaches and implementing technical solutions
- Knowledgeable in all things techy, database architecture, system architecture, security, data analysis, artificial intelligence, programming and software design
- Able to adapt to your approach and add value to our team
- Be passionate about work with a great attitude
- Have the desire to learn, grow and grow those around you
- Have worked with the following:
- SQL Server,
- React, Vue or Angular
- AWS / Azure experience
What’s in it for you:
We highly value people that can make a difference and to reflect this we offer:
- Start 25 days holiday (plus Bank Holidays).
- Additional days holiday for birthday.
- Buy, Sell, Transfer Holidays.
- 1 community day.
- Pension contribution 3%, increasing to 4% in July.
- 2 weeks sick pay after 6 months service.
- Fully remote – work anywhere at any time.
- Eye test vouchers.
- Quarterly awards.