Ocean Finance is a leading financial technology business offering a wide range of personal finance options to consumers such as our credit builder credit card, personal loans, a range of mortgages and second charge products for homeowners. We are a fast-growing business offering a dynamic working environment where innovating on behalf of our customers is at the heart of everything we do. If this sounds exciting to you, please read on.
This is a new position for an energetic, passionate, and analytical DevOps Engineer to join our team based in Manchester but with the perks of remote working.
You will help build and execute on the existing strategy focused on managing, building, and developing infrastructure as well to supporting the development team with CI/CD, monitoring, and logging. You will need to exhibit an excellent ability to prioritise, manage and push forward improving the foundations on all our applications and services run on.
You are passionate about cloud services, development, scaling systems and love thinking big and have a solid understanding building robust application environments. You are also deeply passionate about delivering the highest quality results. You are naturally customer centric and thrive in a fast-paced environment that requires strong technical, business and communication skills.
The successful candidate will grow and lead the organisation through change, evolution, and sustained growth. You will work alongside the development team to support them with their dev ops needs! You will be reporting to the Head of Engineering of our broking team.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Design cloud infrastructure that is secure, scalable, and highly available on AWS
- Work collaboratively with software engineering to define infrastructure and deployment requirements
- Provision, configure and maintain AWS cloud infrastructure defined as code
- Ensure configuration and compliance with configuration management tools
- Administer and troubleshoot Windows/Linux based systems
- Troubleshoot problems across a wide array of services and functional areas
- Build and maintain operational tools for deployment, monitoring, and analysis of AWS and Azure infrastructure and systems
- Perform infrastructure cost analysis and optimization
- Actively promote infrastructure improvements and changes
- Rebuild AMIs
- Rebuild Azure Scale Sets
- Rebuild EC2 Instances
- DataDog to create operational dashboards to monitor infrastructure and applications
Essential Skills and Competencies:
- At least 2-3 years of experience building and maintaining AWS infrastructure (VPC, EC2, Security Groups, IAM, ECS, CodeDeploy, CloudFront, S3)
- Strong understanding of how to secure AWS environments and meet compliance requirements
- Hands-on experience deploying and managing infrastructure with Terraform
- Solid foundation of networking, windows and linux administration
- Ability to learn/use a wide variety of open-source technologies and tools
- Strong bias for action and ownership
- Scripting using PowerShell
- Previous exposure to Financial domain and security needs
- Keen to express interest in software development, engineering, security
- Octopus Deploy
- Azure DevOps
What do we offer you?
- Clear career path
- Generous compensation scheme for high performers
- Inspiring workplace
- Remote working
- Free Audible Subscription
- Quarterly Ocean awards
- Online fitness sessions
- A day off on your birthday!