Compliance Monitoring Officer
Think Money Group is a leading financial technology business offering a wide range of personal finance options to consumers such as our credit card, personal loans and a range of mortgages and second charge loan products for homeowners.
We are a fast-growing business offering a dynamic working environment where innovation is at the heart of everything we do. If this sounds exciting to you, please read on.
This is a position for an energetic, passionate and analytical Compliance Monitoring Officer to join our team in Manchester.
This role involves a mix of working from home and working from our Manchester office at Think Park (M17).
As our Compliance Monitoring Officer, you will be responsible for undertaking risk-based monitoring of regulated activity within Think Money Group to establish if regulatory objectives are being met and good customer outcomes are being provided.
The role involves providing feedback on regulatory standards across the business to Senior Management and maintaining internal relationships with key business stakeholders
You are passionate about compliance, love thinking big and have a solid background of working in a compliance role within Financial Services.
You are also deeply passionate about delivering the highest quality results.
You are naturally customer centric and thrive in a role that requires strong technical, business and communication skills.
The successful candidate will support the organisation through change, evolution, and sustained growth.
You will work alongside a world-class data driven team focused on delivering agreed targets.
The successful candidate will be expected to work and assist colleagues to valued assurance on areas of key business activity and work with management in the business to ensure customer and regulatory expectations are met. You will be reporting to the Head of Group Risk & Compliance.
- To undertake Compliance Monitoring within Think Money Group to include FCA, ASA, DPA, OFCOM and any other regulatory matters as they arise.
- To conduct monitoring activity independently and to a high standard; assessing whether the 1st line of defence has effective management control and oversight.
- Identify any areas of operational risk or compliance failure within the business and work with management to develop action plans to rectify these failures.
- Provide timely reports to Senior Management on the findings of monitoring activity, as per the Compliance Monitoring policy and methodology, in a timely manner.
- Examine and verify that action plans have been delivered in line with our expectations and to test that these have been successfully implemented, where appropriate.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of regulatory standards taking into account changes in regulation and legislation.
- To maintain an understanding of Think Money Group’s associated systems and processes.
The Compliance Monitoring Officer will be subject to Conduct Rules within the Senior Manager’s and Certification Regime.
Essential Skills and Competencies:
- Detailed understanding of regulatory rules and standards relevant to Think Money Group.
- A self-starter who embraces responsibility and can manage own time:
- Ability to identify and report (internally) significant issues;
- Ability to articulate clearly (verbally and in writing) views, opinions and conclusions reached resulting from monitoring against FCA standards;
- Ability to provide adequate challenge at all levels;
- Ability to recognise and score compliance risk, adjusting the intensity of compliance monitoring as appropriate;
- Strong analytical skills;
- An excellent communicator, able to build key relationships both internally and externally;
- Ideally educated to a minimum A-level standard; and/or
- Relevant professional qualifications or willingness to take.
- Conduct of Business rules: (CONC); (MCOB); (ICOB)
- FCA Principles for Business (PRIN)
- FCA TCF outcomes
- Senior Management Arrangements, Systems and Controls (SYSC)
- Training and Competence (T&C)
- Complaint Handling (DISP)
- Approved Persons regime (APER)
- Data Protection Act (DPA)
- Conduct Risk
- A good understanding of how risk based monitoring should be applied.
What's in it for you:
We highly value people that can make a difference and to reflect this we offer:
- Start 25 days holiday (plus Bank Holidays)
- Birthday off (carried over if your birthday is at a weekend)
- Buy, Sell, Transfer Holidays
- 1 community day
- Pension contribution
- Fully remote – work anywhere at any time
- Eye test vouchers
- Quarterly awards