At Ocean, we’re on a mission to become the UK’s leading credit platform for people not served by the mainstream, helping them improve their financial wellbeing over their lifetime. This has been our mission for over 30 years, and it’s still the thing that drives us to do better and more for our customers.
We do this by helping our customers make informed decisions and access personal finance products.
If our mission sounds interesting, please keep reading!
As our new Email Designer, you’ll bring your passion and creativity to work with you, every day.
As the successful candidate you will work closely with the CRM team, designing and developing innovative email templates to help drive successful CRM campaigns.
Never one to rest on your laurels, you’ll be comfortable venturing outside your comfort zone, pushing boundaries of what’s possible in pursuit of perfection. You’ll be the kind of person who thrives in a fast-paced environment like ours.
What you’ll be doing for us
A day in the life of this role could look like…
- Building and designing market leading, high performing emails.
- Understanding who are our customers are, valuing user research and using data to help inform your design decisions.
- Collaboration with the CRM team, designers and copywriters to test /learn and optimise.
- Ensuring all emails are responsive and render correctly across the majority of devices
- Proposal and development of fresh creative approaches and templates to suit the targeted customer segments.
You’ll also get involved in:
- Maintaining a library and archive of campaign and assets for reference, visibility and audit
- Being the go to person for email best practice, best in class email design and channel impacts from the wider industry.
Skills-wise, you’ll definitely:
- Have knowledge of HTML and CSS.
- Be a strong designer with passion and enthusiasm.
- Have a keen eye for detail and knowledge of render testing platforms such as Litmus.
- Have a strong understanding of the limitations when it comes to building an email template also, hacks and solutions to overcome them.
- Take ownership of the work.
And ideally, you’ll also:
- Have experience using a CRM or email marketing platforms.
- Experience using email building software such as Stripo and Dreamweaver.
- Understand interactive components within email.
What we’ll do for you
- Pay you competitively and review your salary every year.
- Welcome you into our awesome team (dare we say the best? We do, yes!).
- Bring the kind of vibe where we want you to share your ideas, even if it’s not “your area”.
- Provide you with all the kit you need to work from home. Of course, you can also work from our Manchester or Cyprus offices, too.
- Help you plan for life after work with our pension scheme.
- Take care of your health with eye test vouchers, Perkbox medical and wellness and our employee assistance programme.
- Give you 25 days holiday (to start with), as well as local public holidays and a day off on your birthday.
- Support you with training, mentoring and anything else you need to further your development and hit your career goals.
- Invite you to regular online and in-person team socials, as well as the occasional team retreat somewhere exotic.
- Help you help others with optional “community” days for volunteering.
- Provide extra treats, freebies and discounts through Perkbox Perks.