Ocean is one of the UK’s leading financial technology businesses. We offer a wide range of personal finance options to consumers, including our credit builder credit card, personal loans, and a range of mortgages and second-charge products for homeowners. We are a fast-growing, data-driven business offering a dynamic working environment where innovating on behalf of our customers is at the heart of everything we do.
Driven by our passion to help people improve their financial wellbeing, we are guided by our values of Professionalism, Trust, Humility, Passion, Respect and Openness – these are fundamental to all aspects of our business and culture.
About the role
Our content team is searching for a Digital PR and Outreach Specialist who will nuture an ever-growing network of media connections to help us promote our content effectively.
Extensive outreach to journalists, influencers and other media outlets is a key focus in this role, which will support the business by acquiring high-value links, developing positive media relations, and supporting with editorial content production and distribution.
A natural storyteller with brilliant networking skills, you will know how to spot, write and pitch a great story.
To manage our digital PR and outreach function, helping to create, share and maximise coverage of our content while helping to build and maintain the reputation of our brands.
Role and Responsibilities
- Lead on link building and media relations, performing outreach to journalists, bloggers, influencers, affiliates, website owners, and other relevant media outlets
- Create and share relevant media opportunities within the business, including but not limited to expert commentary
- Write and publish original high-impact editorial content (blog posts, articles, etc.) to a clear roadmap
- Own, develop and implement the company’s spokespeople strategy, helping to drive engagement both internally and externally
- Network and maintain close, long-term relationships with journalists, influencers, affiliates, etc.
- Monitor corporate image and mentions to ensure alignment with company brand and raise any issues or opportunities
- Create and implement strategies and campaigns to drive brand awareness across all digital channels, including social media
- Develop and manage relevant PR strategies, policies and processes
- 3+ years’ professional experience in digital PR and outreach
- Outstanding interpersonal skills – a natural networker with a drive to forge strong, productive and lasting relationships
- Proven ability to develop and implement outreach strategy
- Values-driven with a strong sense of ownership and accountability
- Ability to create compelling content campaigns and successfully pitch stories to journalists and influencers
- Active listening skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong understanding of modern PR, outreach and SEO
- Experience with various analytical, reporting and SEO tools
- Bachelor’s degree or related qualification/experience
- Experience working in the UK’s personal finance industry
What's in it for you:
We highly value people that can make a difference and to reflect this we offer:
- Start 25 days holiday (plus Bank Holidays)
- Birthday off (carried over if your birthday is at a weekend)
- Buy, Sell, Transfer Holidays
- 1 community day
- Pension contribution
- Fully remote – work anywhere at any time
- Eye test vouchers
- Quarterly awards